Under general direction of the Vice President of Software, candidates for this position will be responsible for the design and development of web-based applications based on Linux, PHP, Java, C, MySql and Flash, with an emphasis on performance oriented code and object oriented programming. Experience with protocol development, non-traditional database technology, message queues and building control systems is highly desirable. Candidates must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
Ideal candidates will possess the following abilities, experience, and skills:
• 5 years of experience or equivalent expertise in structured program design, development and documentation.
• Solid understanding and experience in SQL programming
• Solid understanding and experience in performance tuning program code, database code and communications.
• Experience in Flash and ActionScript3 highly desirable
• Solid understanding and experience in communications protocols highly desirable
• Experience in mobile applications development highly desirable
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study
• Excellent communications skills